Challenges of Process Excellence Leaders
The challenges of process excellence leaders is not a new new topic with new research emerges every year to restate what is already known. Why then are prices excellence leaders not getting it right? Too much ‘noise’ leading to a lack of focus on the basics!
An organization's goal is to create value for its customers, stakeholders and itself. Read more on our page Customer Value vs Cost of Quality and our home page for more insights.
Entrusted with company’s resources the challenges of process excellence Leaders (these are leaders at all levels of the excellence effort) to achieve the following excellence objectives are huge:
- Build capacity,
- Increase productivity,
- Increase agilty,
- Deepen problem solving capability,
- and ensure gains are sustainable and visible on the bottom line.
Typically three ills hinder an organization’s ability to achieve its excellence objectives. These include:
- Addressing the wrong levers through poor analyses or understanding of the real issue. Read our article Key Process Levers.
- Insufficiently addressing levers through resource issues or rushing a project. Read our article Key Process Levers.
To overcome the challenges of process excellence leaders and achieve the above objectives, process excellence leaders should focus their efforts on the following key tasks:
- Identifying opportunities that have maximum excellence improvement impact. See our article Opportunity Selection.
- Ensuring the most efficient and appropriate methods are applied to bring about solutions that “stick” fastest.
- Driving the execution of these improvement opportunities.
- Going beyond the opportunity at hand by replicating success across the organization.
To aid overcoming the challenges of process excellence leaders an appropriate excellence structure should be established, a governing mechanism in place, and a track and review system used by all.
This article has been a follow on from Process Excellence Leadership in 2018.
Additional pages related to Challenges of Process Excellence Leaders: