Total Quality Excellence
A Total Quality Excellence system
provides evidence that a specific standard of quality has been met and
Customer Driven Total Quality Excellence
Quality Excellence starts with focusing the organizations efforts on what the customer is willing to pay for.
To do this effectively the organization needs to
know what is critical to the customer. Then it needs to ensure we are capable of
delivering the quality that is important to the customer. And when perfroamnce falls short, to effectively improve the processes until capability is achieved.
Once achieved, the organization then solidifies standards. These become everyone’s responsibility to adhere to these to ensure
a positive customer experience.
- ASK – this step is about truly knowing what is
—„Do we really know the customers true
- ACHIEVE - this step is about knowing our capability to
meet the customers requirements and effectively improve our performance where
we fall short.
—„Do we properly measure what we do? Are
we capable of achieving what is critical-to-customer?”
- ASSURE – this step is about knowing our work standards and adhering to them to ensure consistency and sustainability. —„Do the right practices stick and become the way we work?“
Total Quality Excellence Assurance
Quality Assurance requires the active participation of all employees in the organisation.
Quality Assurance is Process-orientated
and focuses on defect
Quality Assurance includes:
- Internal audits and management review.
- Review of actions taken on
non-conformities identified during the previous audit.
- Develop, recommend and monitor complaints, corrective and preventive actions.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Effectiveness of the management system
with regard to achievement of objectives.
- Continuing operational control.
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Quality assurance procedures.
- Supplier audits.
- Identify training needs and develop training programs to meet quality standards.
Total Quality Excellence Control
Quality Control is undertaken by specific teams and individuals within the organisation.
Quailty Control is Product/Service-orientated
and focuses on defect
Quality Control includes:
- Quality control procedures.
- Product / Service inspection and testing methods and
- In-process, raw material and
finished goods testing.
- Sampling procedures and processes for
recording and reporting quality data.
- Collect and compile statistical
- Displaying and reporting test
- Evaluate test findings and implement
appropriate corrective actions.
- Incident alerts and management.
Total quality excellence is thus an all inclusive system emcompassing Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Quality Improvement, and Quality Infrastructure and systems.
View these related pages:
Return to Home from Total Quality Excellence page.